<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, March 08, 2004

A victory for small schools 

Taking a little break from the news of the world, I just want to say congratulations to "tiny" St. Joseph's for reaching the top of the college basketball poll.

Coming from a slightly less tiny school, I can't help but root for the small schools as they go up against the huge universities. I know how it feels to see my school break into the polls, which has only happened once (in football), since I first arrived there. So St. Joe's must feel pretty good about this.

And I'm happy for them, even if their hockey fans a few years ago had the really annoying habits of beating a bass drum and reading opposing players' names on their jerseys and yelling "(last name), you suck!" (No hard feelings, guys and girls.)
| |


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com


Search Popdex: