<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Waste, fraud, and abuse 

The Maine Department of Transportation (MDOT) has been renumbering exits on I-95 and its various branches in Maine, in order to reduce confusion. There used to be more than one exit with the same number as you drove through, and now they will all be numbered according to mile markers. The change makes sense and will help end the confusion (mostly on the part of summer tourists).

But I wonder a) how many tens of dollars it cost the taxpayers to renumber Exit 6, and b) what the MDOT workers were thinking as they attached the helpful change notice.

(And yes, I know I've expressed skepticism about web images before, but I know someone who lives near this exit, and he's the one who sent me the link.)
| |


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com


Search Popdex: