<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Religion and politics 

Josh Marshall posted an excerpt from a Washington Post article about a Republican-sponsored provision "that would give religious leaders more freedom to engage in partisan politics without endangering the tax-exempt status of their churches."

Marshall doesn't explicitly state his position on this, but if I know him (and I've been reading him for quite a while), I will assume that he is against this provision.

Knowing only what the article says, I have to agree with him. Tax-exempt organizations should not be able to engage in partisan politics.

For that reason, I expect a harsh criticism of labor unions from Josh any day now...
| |


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com


Search Popdex: