<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, July 28, 2004

MoveOn.org = nonpartisan 

This is a short post just to get something on the page, really.  I've got a longer and more detailed post in the works about Sudan.  But in the meantime, here's something I read in Wired magazine that almost made me cough up my airline beverage the other day.

John Flansburgh of They Might Be Giants has been working on a benefit album for MoveOn.org.  And he has this to say about that particular outfit:

"MoveOn is a great organization that stands outside of the regular partisan fray."

That statement left me dumbfounded, to say the least.

Headlines currently displayed on MoveOn.org's front page:

"Taking On Fox."

"Fire Rumsfeld."

"Censure Bush for Misleading Us."

"Al Gore Speaks Out."

Sidebars include things like:

"New Stats Show Bush's Deficit Dishonesty."

"Watch Kerry's big speech together."

I don't know about you, but I think that if MoveOn.org is "outside the regular partisan fray," they aren't working very hard to show it.  Why John Flansburgh would believe it is beyond me.

| |


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com


Search Popdex: