<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, September 25, 2004

A bust 

I set out from Maine with the goal of exploring the sights, the people, and the culture of Bahrain during my off-duty time. For a while I had plenty of time, but I still had a couple of weeks left, with a schedule that gave me a free morning or afternoon every day and a couple of days off a week. So I was in no hurry to get out and about. Then I got reassigned and kissed my free time goodbye. I left work a little after 6 this evening, the earliest, by far, that I have left work. (And this on the second day of the weekend here.) I have had exactly two days off in the last three weeks. Oh well... It's interesting and important work, so I don't really mind. (Well, I didn't exactly change the fate of the world today, but on most days it's important.)

In any case, I am leaving before too long, and while I plan to pursue an aggressive checking-out schedule on my last day, leaving me with some free time, I probably won't have much to add before I leave. Perhaps when I get back home I will write a little bit about the limited experiences I had.

There is a possibility that I will be back here for a slightly longer period in the not-too-distant future, so stay tuned. Bahrain is an interesting country with wonderful people trying to strike a balance between tradition and modernity. I hope to come back, and I hope to learn more, and share what I learn.

Sorry that didn't happen this time around.
| |


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com


Search Popdex: